Synopsis[edit | edit source]
When Colt Bennett returns home from Canada to try out for a semipro Denver team, he learns that his family's ranch has fallen on hard times.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Beau Bennett comes home to find his son Colt has returned home from Canada. He doesn't seem at all happy with the prospect of having him back. He knows Colt isn't there for the family, as he hasn't even paid them a visit in six years. Beau gives him a hard time, grilling him for the time he returned and said he would help out at the Ranch but ended up sneaking out at night in Rooster's truck. Colt gives up and decides to leave, saying it was a dumb idea to come back. Beau criticizes him for always giving up because of trivial reasons. Hearing that, Colt feels bad.
The Bennett men enter Maggie's bar, where Colt greets his mother after a long time. Maggie asks him if he's ready for his tryouts. Beau is surprised that Maggie knows about it, to which she says she stays in contact with her son and that he should try it. It is then revealed that they have separated and Maggie lives in her own Airstream now.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
- Ashton Kutcher as Colt Bennett
- Danny Masterson as Jameson "Rooster" Bennett
- Sam Elliott as Beau Bennett
- Debra Winger as Maggie Bennett
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Rooster: "Check it out. Colt's home."
- Beau: "What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were up in Canada playing amateur's football."
- Colt: "Uh, semi-pro. Yeah, I was playing for the Saskatoon Cold. It's like the Miami Heat, except you know, cold."
- ―Beau returns home to find out Colt is back.
- Beau: "Are you kiddin' me? Are you still chasing this dream?"
- Colt: "I'm a football player."
- Beau: "You're not a football player, Colt. You're a guy dreamin' about being a football player. You're 34."
- ―Beau to Colt about his football career
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
- Shooter Jennings and Lukas Nelson - "Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys"
- Scene: Beau pulls up at the Ranch.
- Luke Bryan - "Rain Is a Good Thing"
- Scene: It starts raining when the Bennetts are outside.
- Corb Lund - "Cows Around"
- Scene: Corb Lund
[edit | edit source]